In the News
Fire officials are crediting working smoke alarms for ensuring four people escaped unharmed when fire broke out in a southwest neighbourhood Sunday evening.
Busy day for crews, we are glad there were no reported injuries at these two fires. Stay safe Calgary! Please remember it’s important to properly dispose of cigarettes.
Firefighters had to contend with high heat and a challenging layout in the basement that resulted in one crew member calling a mayday after getting disoriented.
These are complex and dangerous emergencies. We are so glad that people on scene called 911 when they did, so crews could get on scene quickly and help the people still in the building. Great teamwork by City of Calgary 911 Dispatch, AHS EMS and Calgary Police.
Firefighters, police and paramedics responded to a townhouse complex on Radcliffe Crescent S.E. shortly before 5:30 a.m. and encountered thick black smoke emanating from the main floor of a two-storey unit.